MMM.. Yum yummy!
The other night my good friend Pat and I went out to dinner at my favorite middle eastern place, Aladdin’s. I have been diggin’ hummus and pita bread like there is no tomorrow! So this really hit the spot.
Organic flowering fruit iced tea’s to drink.
We chose the same appetizer that I have had every time so far.
Hummus, tabbouleh, baba ganoush, falafel and grape leaves (these have cheese in them so I passed!)
Why mess with a good thing??
I promised myself that I was going to try something new! I was not, REPEAT not going to get something I had before. And I succeeded. I chose to get a pita pizza called the Ali Baba Pitza.
Pureed eggplant, sliced tomatoes, katamala olives (love these!) roasted eggplant slices all on warm and crispy pita. I had them hold the cheese on mine to make it vegan. This was so delicious, I am so glad that I chose to get this. YUM!
My plate. I had a little bit of everything and I made sure to work my leafy green’s in there too. I actually ended up taking more than half of my pitza home with me because I was so stuffed!
Lately I have been on this tabouleh kick! I crave it every single day, and I have no clue why! What foodie things have you been craving lately?
Okay, now the other day I got an email from Keri, saying that she awarded me the The Versatile Blogger Award! Keri you are such a sweetie pie!!
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Give this award out to 15 other bloggers that you think are fabulous, interesting and deserving.
- Contact each of the bloggers you chose.
For those of you who don’t read Keri’s blog I Eat Trees (which you should!), she is one excellent writer and a passionate vegan. Thank you again Keri!
Okay, now I believe I need to share 7 things about myself so here we go!
- I have a very large obsession with Lady Gaga, I think she is one of the most talented songstresses EVER!
- My dream is to someday open my own fitness studio where I will do personal training, teach Zumba Fitness, yoga and then do nutritional consulting and cooking classes. My goal is to make health (and being vegan!) accessible and easy for everyone!
- I have this weird thing with teeth. I HATE them, they just freak me out. I have nightmares that they fall out all the time, and I always am brushing them.
- I am very picky about my clothes and jewelry matching. I have to be color coordinated… the same goes for my school supplies. I’m a little nerdy but each class has to have its own color, with corresponding matching pens and highlighters (sheesh! that’s embarrassing!)
- When I was younger I NEVER ate vegetables, or fruit. Or anything healthy. I lived off of boxed pizza’s and Beefaroni. My how things have changed! Now I get queasy just thinking about it..
- I used to be very shy, and I still can be. But overall exercise and treating my body good has given me more confidence!
- My favorite animal is a panda bear, I think that they are the cutest things ever!! But I actually love all animals (except bugs!)
Now for the hard part. I have to choose only 15 wonderful women to receive the Versatile Blogger Award.
Callie from Rawxy
Katie from Chocolate Covered Katie
Miss GC from Gliding Calm
Shannon Marie from Rawdorable
Diana from Frontyard Foodie
Averie from Love Veggies and Yoga
Vanilla from Vanilla Swirl
Miho from Sagojyous Vegan Page
Melissa from Crunches for Cupcakes
Shelley from Happiness and Health
Valerie from Valerie’s Vegan Vittles
Elaine from Om Sweet Om
Kelsey from Snacking Squirrel
Chelsey from Clean Eating Chelsey
The lovely lady behind Healthy Exposures
It was so hard to only pick fifteen ladies, because so many deserve it! But congratulations to you all!
Today was supposed to be my day off, but I just got called into work. SIGHHHHH. After working eight days in a row I am in much-needed of a break, but “I was his only hope.” Sometimes being responsible isn’t any fun. I love my job don’t get my wrong, it’s just so tiring. I really would love to take a little breather before I jump right in and start school and working both on my on campus jobs. Have you ever found being responsible to be tough??
So I’m off to get ready for work! Then after work I’ll be heading to the gym. The past week I have been doing 2-a-days! Its kicking my butt, but it totally whipping me back into shape after my little period of over indulgence.
Question of the day – What foods have you been craving?
What are you up to this weekend, any fun plans?